Breaking news for Frozen fans out there! Just revealed this morning, there is word of multiple Frozen-themed activities coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios this summer. In fact, they will begin in just over a week. Disney Parks has confirmed this news which I brought to you earlier today as a rumor. We are also seeing it pop up on both Walt Disney World’s website and My Disney Experience app. Here’s what’s in store… (note the update at the very bottom of this article)
As of early this afternoon, Disney Parks has confirmed that Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! will take place starting July 5, 2014. This is sure to satisfy the cravings of Frozen fans and help alleviate the massive wait times at the Anna and Elsa Meet & Greet in Magic Kingdom. Activities include:
- For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration - Premiere Theater
- Cool down inside the Premiere Theater, where Anna and Elsa join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a fun and comedic retelling of the unique history of their Kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen.”
- Olaf on Summer Vacation – Hollywood Boulevard
- Olaf the snowman is having the time of his life on his very first summer vacation! He chimes in throughout the day to keep everyone updated on all his adventures. Plus, you can pick up your very own Take-Along cardboard Olaf from locations in the park, so he can join you on your summer vacation. And when you share your photos with Olaf on social media, be sure to tag them with #OlafSummerVacation. They may just get selected to appear in that day’s grand finale!
- Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome – Sorcerer’s Stage
- At 11:00 a.m. each day, Elsa and Anna arrive in Hollywood as part of their goodwill tour of neighboring kingdoms, making their way down Hollywood Boulevard in a horse-drawn sleigh. Kristoff is along for the fun, too, joined by a flurry of skaters, skiiers, ice cutters and more! The entire procession culminates in a special moment at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage to officially welcome the visiting royalty to this kingdom of Hollywoodland.
- Coolest Summer Ever Dance Party – Sorcerer’s Hat Stage
- Starting at 5:30 p.m. each day, a dance party takes over the area around the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, with a DJ, live band, and more! The band plays a variety of classic and contemporary summer rock & roll hits, as well as a cool, rocking medley of “Frozen” favorites. It’s going to be hot!
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland - Soundstage 1
- Inside Soundstage One, Oaken and his cousins have created a Frozen Funland filled with cold weather activities, unique photo opportunities, and more! There’s a frozen pond with ice skating demonstrations, wintertime fun for kids in the “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” play area, a “big summer blowout” with plenty of “Frozen” merchandise, and special “Frozen”-inspired food and beverage offerings.
- Frozen Fireworks Spectacular – Hollywood Boulevard
- Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
Everyday through September 1, guests will be able to experience these offerings to find out what “frozen things really do” in summer! I think I’m most excited about the Frozen Fireworks Spectacular. Not only do I love the film, but I also adore any fireworks that the Studios puts on. They are always so elaborate.
I can’t wait to see Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! It is going to be a great addition to the summer activities in the parks this year. What are you most looking forward to? Let me know in the comments section below!
Here’s the latest information about time schedules and offerings from Disney. Note that all times are subject to change and FastPass+ is not available for these activities.
There is also a Frozen Summer Fun Premium package being offered. Guests receive reserved viewing for Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome at 11 am and refreshments, reserved seating at For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, a Frozen-themed dessert party, and reserved viewing for Frozen Fireworks Spectacular. The cost is $59 for adults and $34 for children which includes both tax and gratuities. There are no discounts for this experience and park admission is required.