In an unbelievable decision, one that completely fooled Disney’s lawyers, newly hired magistrate judge Fullstendig Lure (of Norwegian heritage) reversed the dismissal of the “Frozen is my life story” author’s lawsuit and, inconceivably, has recommended the court order Disney to cease all Frozen-related theme park construction and ban Anna, Elsa and Olaf from all Disney theme parks.
Magistrate judge Lure’s April 1 decision comes after the February 19, 2015, dismissal by the judge previously assigned to the case. After the dismissal, “Frozen is my life story” author Amy Gonzalez filed her brief opposing Disney’s motion to dismiss (which, of course, the federal judge had already granted). Magistrate Judge Lure was then assigned the job of ruling on her brief. As a magistrate judge, he makes recommended decisions which are subject to review by the federal judge overseeing the lawsuit.
Stunned Disney spokesperson Volledig Dwaas (who, coincidentally, comes from from Holland), left no doubt what he thought of the ruling, saying Disney was no stooge and that they would be hiring the renowned copyright lawyer, Thil Ulspegel, to get the decision overturned “faster than the longest wait to ride Maelstrom.”
Asked about the impact of the ruling, copyright expert Huhtikuu Typerys said that the ruling, if upheld, could also halt construction of the Frozen attraction in Norway that will be replacing Maelstrom.
But in reality, Typerys said, theme park guests are unlikely to see any interruption: “I expect this foolish decision to be overturned promptly.”
Mrs. Gonzalez seemed to be satisfied with the ruling. While her exact statement wasn’t heard, she was clearly pleased that the ruling could rid Disney theme parks of all Frozen magic bands.
Have a happy “Huhtikuu Typerys” (April Fool)!